Thank you for visiting Spring Valley High School! Home of the Timberwolves, we are a class AAA high school located in northern Wayne County just southwest of Huntington, WV.
Spring Valley student volunteers are needed for Buffalo Elementary’s indoor Halloween party on Monday, October 30 from 5-7 pm. Help is needed for various events such as games, face painting and with the Haunted House. If you would like to volunteer please email Joyce Clark, Parent Community Liaison at joyceclarkwva@aim. This should be a fun evening and a great way to get in a few of your required community volunteer hours. Happy Haunting!
Students can now fill out proof of enrollment forms electronically from the Wayne County Board of Education Website!
· Click on Parent and Student Tab, scroll down to Proof of Enrollment, choose your school
· School will verify information and electronically send to WCBOE
· WCBOE will verify attendance and grades, sign and seal
· Proof of Enrollments will then be returned for principal’s signature back to school for distribution
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
As we welcome you to Homecoming 2017, please be aware of the following:
- Tickets are not sold at the door.
- All school rules apply, the same as in a school day.
- Guests of students are required to follow the same rules as SVHS students, no matter what their age.
- Tobacco/nicotine/Vapes are forbidden on school property.
- Drugs or alcohol will result in law enforcement involvement and safe schools hearing, if appropriate.
- No refunds for early exit.
- No lewd or sexually suggestive dancing will be permitted (for example, no front to back dancing)
High school dances involve a wide range of ages and maturity levels. School staff will make every effort to recognize these differences, however, the same rules apply to all ages. In particular, decisions about leaving the dance involve obeying parent instructions and rules as well as school rules and procedures.
Students are strongly encouraged to remain until the end of the dance. There is no re-admittance once you leave. Once you leave the dance, you need to leave school grounds immediately. Anyone leaving before 10:00 pm will have to call home with an administrator for permission. Those who leave early for any reason will also need to sign out at the door.
Thank you for your cooperation,
SVHS Administration Team
This is a message from Ms. Joyce Clark, our parent-community liaison. We urge all parents and interested community members to get involved to ensure the success of all our students!
“Spring Valley has volunteer opportunities for parents and community members. If you have a few extra hours a month and would like to volunteer to help we would love to hear from you. Please respond to email@example.com or call 304-638-1565. There are volunteer opportunities for all skills and talents during the school day and after.”
10/9/17 through 10/13/17
Tuesday-Pink Out for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Friday-Spirit Day: 9th-gray, 10th-white, 11th-Carolina, 12th-navy
Students please remember that all dress up days must meet the dress code. Also no masks or weapons will be allowed.
SVHS is having a food drive to collect donations for the Huntington City Mission.
- Sweetened cereal (Frosted Flakes, Mini-Wheats)
- Baking ingredients (Sugar, Flour, Baking Powder)
- Drink Powders (Kool-Aid, lemonade)
- Non-perishable items
- Canned Goods
Spring Valley Students attend Marshall University’s SUPER Read to me Day. Our freshman academy students shared stories with small groups of elementary aged students to promote reading amongst all ages!
Attention 10th and 11th grade students,
The Preliminary SAT – a National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test – is a preparatory version of the SAT exam. You can only take the PSAT once per year. Most students take the test in both 10th and 11th grade. If you earn a high score on the PSAT your junior year, you could qualify to receive a National Merit Scholarship. The PSAT tests your skills in reading, writing, and math. Please see your counselor for more information.
The cost is $16. Please bring a check to Mr. Jordan payable to Spring Valley High School. Only 25 spots are available. Reservations for a spot to take the PSAT is on a first come, first serve basis.