Thank you for visiting Spring Valley High School! Home of the Timberwolves, we are a class AAA high school located in northern Wayne County just southwest of Huntington, WV.
Freshman Academy Orientation–Aug 14 @ 6:00 pm
Meet the Timberwolves–Aug 16 @ 7:00 pm
Current Schedule Questions/Guidance Office Questions–Call or stop by the Guidance Office after 8/14 for an appointment.
New Enrollees/Shot Records/Wellness Exam Records– Available immediately. See main office.
Freshman Orientation night will be Aug. 14th at 6 pm in the auditorium. We are looking forward to welcoming our new Timberwolves to SVHS!
Practice for fall sports begins July 30th. Students must have a SSAC physical dated after June 1st on file or can be brought with you. A GPA of 2.0 for second semester is also required in order to participate.
Here is the schedule by sports for practices:
|Cross Country||5:30 PM||Track|
|Football||6:00 PM||Facilities Building|
|Soccer (Boys)||5:30 PM||Soccer Field|
|Soccer (Girls)||8:00 AM||Soccer Field|
|Volleyball||8:00 AM (Aug 6th)||Gym|
Band Camp – July 30th 8:30 AM – Band Room
After a request by a dedicated group of seniors, and much thought, consideration and research, the decision has been made to allow embellishment of caps for graduation.
You are a trial group, so please do not spoil this for following classes! Please note that these are RULES, not suggestions. Violation may result in requiring purchase of a new
cap at student expense in order to participate in the ceremony.
The following rules apply to all decorations:
1) All decorations must be pre-approved by administration or designee.
2) Decorations must lay flat and be on top of cap only. Nothing hanging down or
over the edges at all.
3) No offensive language, sayings, nicknames, pictures or lyrics. Administration has
4) No 3D objects placed on the hat, such as flowers, bells, mascots, signs, etc.
5) No noisemakers or lights permitted.
6) Must be attached with velcro or otherwise removable. It is best not to attach
directly to the hat in case removal or adjustment is required.
7) SVHS administration reserves the right to remove any decorations that are not
Unacceptable decorations that cannot be removed will result in student removal from lineup at any point. No one will be allowed to walk without a cap.
Tammy Forbush, Principal
Marshall University Sports Medicine Institute on 3rd Ave will have free sports physicals June 7 at 5:30. You must bring a WVSSAC Form signed by a parent
There will be a volleyball meeting for all upcoming players Thursday, May 24th at 5:00 at the SVHS gym.
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
As we prepare for Prom 2018, please be aware of the following:
- Tickets are not sold at the door. They have been on sale for three weeks.
- Final regular ticket sale day is Thursday, May 10.
- At lunch on Friday, May 11, tickets may be purchased at room 118-Parsons.
- No tickets will be sold at the door.
- All school rules apply, the same as in a school day.
- While school day dress code is relaxed, all students must be fully and completely dressed and appropriately covered at all times. See an administrator prior to the dance if you have questions.
- Guests of students are required to follow the same rules as SVHS students, no matter what their age
- Tobacco/nicotine/vapes are forbidden at school events, including off campus event.
- Drugs or alcohol will result in law enforcement involvement, exclusion from graduation, and a safe schools hearing, if appropriate. Anyone showing signs of alcohol or other substance abuse will not be admitted.
- No refunds for early exit, non-admission or exclusion.
- No lewd or sexually suggestive dancing will be permitted (for example, no front to back dancing)
- No one under suspension or expulsion permitted to attend.
High school dances involve a wide range of ages and maturity levels. School staff will make every effort to recognize these differences, however, the same rules apply to all ages.
In particular, decisions about leaving the dance involve obeying parent instructions and rules as well as school rules and procedures. Students are strongly encouraged to remain until the end of the dance. There is no re-admittance once they leave. Once they leave the dance, they need to leave the venue immediately. Anyone leaving before 10:00 pm will have to call home with an administrator or designee for permission. While we attempt to verify these calls, it is ultimately the responsibility of the student to obey parental instructions. Those who leave early for any reason will also sign out at the door.
Thank you for your cooperation,
SVHS Administration Team
Congratulations to our JROTC program. The Spring Valley Timberwolf Battalion was recognized as a Honor Unit with Distinction on 5/3/18 as part of their Program of Accreditation Inspection. Individual honors were presented by the 4th Brigade inspection team for excellence during the inspection. These honors went to Sunnie Hensley, Alexis Nelson, and Brettina Jeffers.
The Spring Valley staff would like to thank LTC Damron and SFC Layne for all of their hard work and dedication to the program.
Wayne County 4-H Camps have something for youth of all ages! Visit https://tinyurl.com/ycvr83uk for complete details regarding age requirements, costs, locations, etc. Register online at https://tinyurl.com/ycgnzkph. Please complete an attendance waiver form and return to our principal (available in the main office) if you plan to attend. Questions? Email Julie Tritz, 4-H Extension Agent at email@example.com. Thank you!