Thank you for visiting Spring Valley High School! Home of the Timberwolves, we are a class AAA high school located in northern Wayne County just southwest of Huntington, WV.
The varsity ladies placed 3rd out of 12 teams Saturday, Sept 3 in Woodrow Wilson’s Shirley Brown Invitational Tournament. Brooke Smith was named All Tournament.
Tuesday Sept 6, JV – defeated Winfield. Varsity defeated Winfield (2 out of 2 sets) and Hurricane (2 out of 3 sets).
The 2015-2016 yearbooks are in! 2016 graduates can stop by the main office to pick up their books.
There are a limited number of extra books available for purchase. Students/former students can bring $70 to the main office or to Mrs. Litteral to purchase a book.
Hello parents and students,
We are happy to announce that the freshman tablet computers are in and ready to be passed out during freshman orientation!
Here is our agenda for freshman orientation tomorrow evening:
- Enter SVHS and receive packet containing the academy syllabus, acceptable use agreement, 1:1 notebook agreement, and LiveGrades log-in information.
- At 6pm we will meet in the auditorium to introduce administrators and academy teachers and have a presentation on the essential information about the SVHS freshman academy.
- After the presentation in the auditorium there will be multiple services available:
- You can meet your guidance counselor and pick up your schedule (Commons Area)
- You can pick up your school-issued tablet (with signed AUP and 1:1 agreement), receive assistance with LiveGrades, receive your log-in information for Office 365, and sign the Graduation banner (Library).
- Take a self-guided tour of the building (academy teachers will be throughout the Commons and Freshman Hallway).
- Rent a locker for $5 (Main Office)
- Shop at the school store (Off the Commons Area)
- Buy a sports pass (School Store)
- Visit tables set up in the commons by academic programs, athletic teams, student organizations, and clubs (Commons Area)
Academic color cords can be picked up in the main office. All other cords have been given to club or class sponsor.
The SVHS softball team is hosting a pink out on April 24th to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research. They are selling t-shirts with the design below with the home plate on the front and “before it hits home” on the back. Shirts will be $15 and the orders will be due on Monday 4/11/16. There will be several guests of honor from the SVHS faculty, parents, and community. Proceeds collected at the gates and concessions will go toward a donation to the Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Good Samaritan Fund.
This is a great opportunity to get out and not only support our excellent softball team, but also to support a great cause! See you on Thursday April 21st!