Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
As we prepare for Prom 2018, please be aware of the following:
- Tickets are not sold at the door. They have been on sale for three weeks.
- Final regular ticket sale day is Thursday, May 10.
- At lunch on Friday, May 11, tickets may be purchased at room 118-Parsons.
- No tickets will be sold at the door.
- All school rules apply, the same as in a school day.
- While school day dress code is relaxed, all students must be fully and completely dressed and appropriately covered at all times. See an administrator prior to the dance if you have questions.
- Guests of students are required to follow the same rules as SVHS students, no matter what their age
- Tobacco/nicotine/vapes are forbidden at school events, including off campus event.
- Drugs or alcohol will result in law enforcement involvement, exclusion from graduation, and a safe schools hearing, if appropriate. Anyone showing signs of alcohol or other substance abuse will not be admitted.
- No refunds for early exit, non-admission or exclusion.
- No lewd or sexually suggestive dancing will be permitted (for example, no front to back dancing)
- No one under suspension or expulsion permitted to attend.
High school dances involve a wide range of ages and maturity levels. School staff will make every effort to recognize these differences, however, the same rules apply to all ages.
In particular, decisions about leaving the dance involve obeying parent instructions and rules as well as school rules and procedures. Students are strongly encouraged to remain until the end of the dance. There is no re-admittance once they leave. Once they leave the dance, they need to leave the venue immediately. Anyone leaving before 10:00 pm will have to call home with an administrator or designee for permission. While we attempt to verify these calls, it is ultimately the responsibility of the student to obey parental instructions. Those who leave early for any reason will also sign out at the door.
Thank you for your cooperation,
SVHS Administration Team