Check out all the scholarship pages we maintain here on the site:
- General Local Scholarships
- Ashland Community and Technical College Scholarships
- Scholarships for Marshall University available for SVHS students
- Athletic Scholarships
- Other Scholarships
General tips for searching for scholarships
- Fill out the FAFSA in a timely manner. (After October 1st and before March 1st)
- Work with the financial aid officer at the school you wish to attend.
- Many area churches of civic organizations may offer scholarship opportunities.
- Scholarship search engines are good tools for national scholarships. College Foundation of West Virginia (www.cfwv.com) provides a quality search engine for students/parents seeking scholarship and other financial aid information. The College Foundation of WV (www.cfwv.com) is an awesome site to use. CFWV will use a database of over 20,000 scholarships to find the ones that match you! It’s easy! You can even sign-up to receive monthly emails with lists of scholarships that match your profile.
- Go to www.cfwv.com
- Set up a student account
- Go to Financial Aid Planning
- Find Scholarships
- Scroll down and select Find Scholarships. Fill out My Scholarship Profile
- Finally, have CFWV find the matching scholarships. This will give you a long list of national scholarships you would qualify for.
- Local businesses often offer scholarships or grants.
- Most major retailers/banks/etc. offer scholarships- use the internet to search Lowes, Wal-mart, Home Depot, etc.-searching for these will “bring up” other scholarships
- Feel free to contact your students; counselor at Spring Valley High School with any question and/or concerns.
- Leave no “stone unturned”.
- For local scholarships, visit the Local Scholarships page here on the school website. As scholarships become available, the SV Counseling twitter (@WolvesSV) will send out announcements. Students need to listen to the morning announcements and/or follow the Spring Valley Counseling Twitter to be aware of the local available scholarships.
- Don’t forget to check your college of choice website. Every college has merit and need-based scholarships available for their students.