After a request by a dedicated group of seniors, and much thought, consideration and research, the decision has been made to allow embellishment of caps for graduation.
You are a trial group, so please do not spoil this for following classes! Please note that these are RULES, not suggestions. Violation may result in requiring purchase of a new
cap at student expense in order to participate in the ceremony.
The following rules apply to all decorations:
1) All decorations must be pre-approved by administration or designee.
2) Decorations must lay flat and be on top of cap only. Nothing hanging down or
over the edges at all.
3) No offensive language, sayings, nicknames, pictures or lyrics. Administration has
4) No 3D objects placed on the hat, such as flowers, bells, mascots, signs, etc.
5) No noisemakers or lights permitted.
6) Must be attached with velcro or otherwise removable. It is best not to attach
directly to the hat in case removal or adjustment is required.
7) SVHS administration reserves the right to remove any decorations that are not
Unacceptable decorations that cannot be removed will result in student removal from lineup at any point. No one will be allowed to walk without a cap.
Tammy Forbush, Principal