Students and Parents,
Spring Valley is happy to announce the following details for our commencement ceremony held at the Joan C. Edwards Stadium in Huntington, WV on June 27 at 10 am. All seniors, families, and guests need to read the following items:
- There will be a practice on Wednesday, June 24th at 4:00 pm. Attendance is required for all students participating in the ceremony!!!
- Masks are required for graduates at both rehearsal and ceremony. They WILL be allowed to be removed for the diploma presentation when pictures will be taken by Lifetouch.
- Masks are strongly recommended for all family members in attendance.
- Gates will open at 9:00 am on June 27th.
- For safety reasons, no spike heels may be worn. Platform or wide heel shoes are acceptable.
- Ceremony will go on rain or shine. Be prepared with rain gear! Only the stage will be covered.
- Severe weather (lightening) will require evacuation of stadium and 30 minute wait, as with any athletic event.
- No water fountains or concessions will be available. Bring your own water.
- Parking is available at the 20th St. Stadium Lot or Cam Henderson Garage
- Family Groups should sit together, but social distancing of at least 6 feet must be maintained between groups. This is approximately 3 seats each side and an empty row. (Graduates will be staggered in order to use each row)
Original Post Below
Spring Valley & other Wayne County Schools will be holding traditional graduation ceremonies which will allow friends and family to attend.
Spring Valley and Wayne High School graduation ceremonies will be held at the Joan C. Edwards Stadium in Huntington, WV on June 27. Spring Valley High School graduation ceremony will begin at 10:00 am and Wayne High School graduation ceremony will begin at 6:00 pm.
Tolsia High School graduation ceremony will be held at the school on June 25 and will begin at 7pm on the Tolsia High School football field.
All ceremonies will move forward on designated dates rain or shine. We will be incorporating the state’s public health protocols for outdoor events:
- Members of the same household may sit close to one another; however, household groups must maintain six-feet of social distancing from one another.
- Mask are strongly encouraged.