Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
As we prepare for Prom 2020 (May 16 from 7:00-10:00pm at Marshall University), please be aware of the following:
· Tickets will go on sale April 27. Final regular ticket sale day is Friday, May 15. On May 15, all ticket purchases must be done through Kay in the main office. No tickets will be sold at the door. No exceptions.
· All guests including freshman and sophomore SVHS students MUST have an approved guest form on file before tickets will be sold. The first day to pick up a guest form in the office or room 122 will be March 30. The final day to turn the completed form in to the office with the required photo id is May 8.
· While school day dress code is relaxed, all students must be fully and completely dressed and appropriately covered at all times. See an administrator prior to the dance if you have questions. No dresses that have a bathing suit/leotard style bottom will be approved.
· Guests of students are required to follow the same rules as SVHS students, no matter what their age. All school rules that apply during the school day will apply to all students at the dance.
· Tobacco/nicotine/vapes are forbidden at school events, including off campus events.
· Refreshments are provided. No water bottles or other liquid containers allowed in.
· Drugs or alcohol will result in law enforcement involvement, exclusion from graduation, and safe schools hearing, if appropriate. Anyone showing signs of alcohol or other substance abuse will not be admitted. Breathalyzer tests may be administered as a requirement for entry or at any other point during the event.
· No refunds for early exit, non-admission, or exclusion.
· No lewd or sexually suggestive dancing will be permitted (for example, no front to back dancing)
· No one under suspension or expulsion is permitted to attend.
· Students over the age of 20 will not be admitted.
High school dances involve a wide range of ages and maturity levels. School staff will make every effort to recognize these differences; however, the same rules apply to all ages.
In particular, decisions about leaving the dance involve obeying parent instructions and rules, as well as school rules and procedures. Students are strongly encouraged to remain until the end of the dance. There is no re-admittance once they leave. Once they leave the dance, they need to leave the venue immediately. Anyone leaving before 9:00 pm will have to call home with an administrator or designee for permission. While we attempt to verify these calls, it is ultimately the responsibility of the student to obey parental instructions. Those who leave early for any reason will also sign out at the door.
Thank you for your cooperation,
SVHS Administration Team