SVHS staff has put together additional layers of support for both parents/guardians and students. Below is information on in-person support for parents/guardians and online live instruction for students. Structured online live instruction will occur every Wednesday and on Mon/Wed/Fri when the county is required to move to remote learning. We urge student who are able to join live meetings for help with their work. Teachers continue to be available to respond to messages, emails, and phone calls to support their students’ learning needs.
Parent / Guardian Support
- Parents / Guardians who need their code to create a Schoology account to monitor their child’s work can email a teacher. Teacher emails can be found here:
- We are going to offer in-person support to provide technical demonstrations, answer questions, or generally provide any kind of support parents and/or students need to work in this distance learning environment. We will be scheduling sessions on Wednesday’s for parents and/or students to meet with school staff. Sessions will be offered at 8AM, 9AM, 10AM, and 11AM for anyone who can come to the school. Please call the school at (304) 429-1699 and speak with Andrea Kilgore to reserve a seat during one of the four time slots. We will socially distance ourselves in a safe environment. Masks are required.
Live “Teams” Instruction for Students
- We cannot require students to attend live sessions online (“Zoom” type meetings) since a number of them may not have wifi access. However, we want to offer live sessions every Wednesday and on Monday / Wednesday / Friday on the weeks when the district is “Orange” and required to provide instruction remotely while students are at home. Students can join the meeting either with their devices (e.g., smartphone, laptops, desktop, etc), or they can use a telephone to simply call into the meeting to participate.
- Students will receive a message on Schoology instructing them on how to access live sessions using Teams. The application is located on Schoology, so they need to become familiar with it over this weekend.
- Students participating in Teams meetings (like “Zoom”) will login and enter the meeting. Students without wifi can still participate by telephone by calling the number and entering the meeting code. They will be able to listen and ask questions.
- Students are encouraged to attend their classes via Teams on the following schedule:
- 8AM PE/Health/Related Arts/Spanish
- 9AM Science
- 10AM Social Studies
- Noon CTE
- 1PM Math
- 2PM English