WEST VIRGINIA ENGINEERING, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
IMPORTANT UPDATE – Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges it has created, the WV Higher Education Policy Commission has approved temporary modifications to qualify for and renew WV financial aid programss. Click here for more information. Or watch this recorded training outlining the modifications.
West Virginia Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship Program is a student financial aid program designed to enable and encourage academically talented individuals to pursue careers in the fields of engineering, science and technology. Scholarships, not to exceed $3,000 per academic year, are awarded on the basis of academic qualifications and interest in the fields of engineering, science and technology. Priority is given to West Virginia residents. Awards are contingent upon annual funding of the program by the West Virginia State Legislature.
The purpose of the program is to assist West Virginians interested in obtaining a degree or certificate in engineering, science or technology and committed to the pursuit of a career in West Virginia.
Applications become available October 1st with a deadline of March 1st and students must reapply every year.
Grade Report Form
(needed for private schools only)
To qualify for the West Virginia Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship Program, a student must meet the following basic selection criteria:
- Be a United States Citizen or resident alien.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale upon graduating from high school, or have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale after completion of two semesters of course work at an eligible institution of higher education.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an engineering, science, or technology program leading to a certificate or an associate or bachelors degree at an eligible institution of higher education.
- Agree to work full-time in an engineering, science or technology field in West Virginia for one year for each year the scholarship was received or begin an approved program of community service related to engineering, science or technology.
- Be willing to repay the scholarship received plus interest and any required collection fees if he/she fails to fulfill the work requirement.
Forms for Current or Past Scholars
Eligible Majors and Occupations
Program Contact Information
Financial Aid Program Staff
1018 Kanawha Blvd. East, Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 558-4618 or 1 (877) 987-7664